Not yet titled...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not yet titled...

Post  gamequeen on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm

Ok, this is a story i hve been working on i had it posted on the nsider forums, and had made a lot of changes.
But I unfortunatly lost all the changes, so it is back in its rough form. I apologize in advance, because i am not totally happy with it but, well u know, lol. So here it is Cyclone said it was good and thought i should post it.
Please leave your comments, i would be glad to hear them. Also, i am sorry about the title i had one picked out but it was stupid, lol, so if you read this and can think of one for me to consider please pm me about it.

Admin

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not yet titled...

Post  gamequeen on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Chapter One: Desperation

Waking up Link looked around the room trying to clear his eyes. "Where am I?" He thought to himself.
Looking around and seeing piles of hay laying about he remembered, "Oh thats right", he said to himself as he settled back into a big pile of hay that he had spent the night on.
"Another night spent sleeping wherever my head lays", he said aloud to the livestock surrounding him.
Every night since he was 14 and his family farm had been destroyed, his parents killed, and he taken and sold as a slave. He had spent the days wandering, being beaten, and other days spent doing work that would be hard for a full grown man to do.

At first he had not belived all that had happend, surely his parents couldn't be dead, surely this all couldn't really be happening.
But after days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, he began to slowly change. Every day he fought them a little less, everyday he ate less and worked harder, untill finally he had released all hope, as one releases a feather to a strong wind. He had accepted the fact that he was going to die at the hands of the various people that owned him.

None of his masters were ether kind nor generous, but they all had something in common, they were all vicious. Using a whip tho get tired slaves moving, and if someone collapsed they were wakin up and put back to work. The only reliefe of the pain of their daily lives was the swift reliefe of death when one collapsed lifless in the feild.

Link cringed as he remembered the night his life had changed...

The night air was cold as Link walked along with the rest of the slaves being marched back to their bunk houses. Two slaves to a bunk house to cut down on the spread of sickness within the bunks. The most resent was a sickness that was not identified yet, all they knew was that it started with a fever and then before the night was out you were dead, and it had claimed quite a few good slaves so far.

Link and his bunkmate had become the best of friends, at least as well as they could given their circumstances.
Taheal as his bunkmate, and the only constant in his life, and as they walked back to the bunk house Link noticed something was different, about him. He was distant, and ignored everything around him, at once Link knew somthing was terribly wrong.
"Taheal", he wispered quietly as they walked, "is somthing wrong?"
"No!" shouted Taheal "Leave me alone!", "QUIET UP THERE" shouted one of the guards, and they both flinched as they receved a sharp crack from the whip.

So Link kept quiet as they marched, feeling the dirt underfoot turn soggy he knew they were approching the bunks. Gazing up at the starry night sky Link felt nothing, not pain, nor even the slightest glimmer of hope.
As he gazed at the stars Link thought of how he would die, he hoped it was under a blanket of stars just like this one.
Links thoughts were on the same track as he pulled the bunk door closed behind him.
Then as he looked at Taheal wobbling and almost falling over he ran to his side. Laying Taheal out on the bed he felt his head...it was scalding hot, walking to his bed Link relized what was wrong with Taheal..he had the sickness. Wishing there was something he could do, but knowing there wasn't, he lay down and tried to sleep.

Laying there Link felt something for the first time in months..he felt hopless, his friend was dieing and there was nothing he could do, and fear....fear that his best friend would not be there when he awoke. These were Links thoughts as he drifted of into a fitfull sleep.

That is the first chapter, i will post the next chapter soon. Please leave comments on the story. Oh and not the whole story is sad, lol so keep reading. Oh i am also looking for guest stars, so if u are interested pm me. Very Happy

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:20 pm

I love this story! I will have to read it later but from what I remember it is awesome! Just don't use the character Zorro k?

Brother: The Warden
Brother: Cman

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow.But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." ~Happy Mask Salesman
Cyclone
Admin

Number of posts : 2875

View user profile http://nintendopalace.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gamequeen on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm

I wasn't planning on it, lol. Very Happy

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:37 am

I'm glad!

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow.But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." ~Happy Mask Salesman
Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynn on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:09 pm

cool!
Wynn
Falco

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Isn't it though!

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J Box on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:25 am

who is Zorro?

Admin

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Flashback~

I remember Gamequeen had posted on the original Nsider Forums. She was looking for a guest star. Some guy created the character Zorro and Gamequeen put him in her story. When she read that part to me I was very confused.

End Flashback~

I am glad she took him out.

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top