Starchild

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starchild

Post  Wynn on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Forget-Me-Not Valley was for the most part, a quiet place. Harvest Sprites, unseen by most inhabitants helped farmwork, living peacefully in a tree near the Goddess Pond. A powerful deity known as the Harvest Goddess lived here, watching over all who till the soil. Many people lived in the town as well, a couple running an Inn, a family living in a villa high on a hill, and many others. One person however, was out of place. A little toddler watched her reflection at the beach. She had red hair, not red like orange, her hair was actually red. She wore small baby blue overalls, with a blue shirt designed with many stars on it beneath. Another reflection was behind hers, but she didn't notice it as she examined her features in the water. The observer was a teenaged girl named Austin. She was flipping through a notebook of observations she had made

"I was walking one day when I found a lone toddler all by herself. I didn't recall anyone in town having a child recently, but I went to double check. No one in the Valley had a child that wasn't accounted for, so I began to observe her from afar. I have named her "Starchild" in my observations due to her attire that looks like the night sky. She spends most of her time at the beach looking at her reflection. She doesn't make an effort to look for food, and one can see that she is becomeing weaker..."

Austin shook her head, she could bear it no longer

"The gentle observer must now cut in for the greater good..."

She came up behind Starchild and picked her up. "Heyno!" said Starchild rapidly, both words seemed to meld together. "Shh.... It's okay..." said Austin softly. Starchild did quiet down, but her deep blue eyes were wide with wonder. Austin calmly walked into her house and placed her on the couch. Her parent's eyes were questioning, but she met them with a level glance. She didn't say a word, just handed them her notebook. Starchild's stomach rumbled. Austin went out into the fields of her parent's farm and selected a ripe green apple. She cut it into small wedges and gave them to Starchild. Starchild wolfed down the apple slices, and was soon asleep. "You expect us to keep her?" Austin met her mother's question with another question. "You expect me to leave her out on her own?" Starchild began to twist in her sleep "Where So lar?" she cried out in her sleep. "What did she say?" asked Austin's Mother. "It sounded like 'Where Solar?' to me." said her father. "Who's Solar?" asked Austin. "So lar! Come back!"

Starchild, a memory overtaking her dreams.

She's playing in a public park. Suddenly, a little boy about her age with blonde hair and an odd outfit consisting of overalls that were white with thin blue stripes with a red shirt underneath comes to her. "Whoyou?" she asked. The boy smiled "Solar!" The two had a fun time playing together. "Solar, time to come home!" said a warm voice. It was Solar's mother. "Who's your little friend?" Solar shrugged. "Where are your parents dear?" Starchild began to cry. Solar's mother would have adopted her, but her sorrow got the better of her and she ran off. She kept running until she arrived in a Valley. She got to the beach before she collapsed on the sand. Her reflection was on the surface of the water, but in her exsausted state she saw a reflection of Solar. "friend..." she said meekly.

She woke up and looked around, it was still the middle of the night. She had been at Austin's house for a few years now, but the same memory haunted her dreams. Austin walked through. "Happy birthday..." she said. She would have said it happier, but it was 12:30 in the morning, and she was half-asleep. "Thanks Austin." said Starchild. Because Austin had brought Starchild home, she felt is was her job to parent Starchild, which she did quite well for one her age.

more later, but how do you like it so far?
Wynn
Falco

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Starchild

Post  Cyclone on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 pm

This could be good. Pretty strong toddler being able to run that far. I can't even run that far!

Brother: The Warden
Brother: Cman

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow.But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." ~Happy Mask Salesman
Cyclone
Admin

Number of posts : 2875
Registration date : 2008-02-10

View user profile http://nintendopalace.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynn on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:02 pm

You'll see later she's no ordinary kid...
Wynn
Falco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:03 pm

ohhhh forshadowing!

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow.But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." ~Happy Mask Salesman
Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynn on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 pm

But there was only so much a teen could do. Starchild went to the beach, sitting in a boat that was tied to the dock. The gentle waves rocking her eventually rocked her to sleep. She didn't hear the mother and child walk by. "Look mom, a girl fell asleep in the boat!" said a voice. Starchild opened one eye to see a boy looking at her. "Who're you?" she asked. "Solar!" he said. Starchild's eyes were full of suprise. "You!" they both said at once. "Dinner!" Austin called from the farm, which wasn't far away from the beach. "Wait, do you live here?" asked Solar. Starchild nodded. "Cool! Me and my mom are moving in!" Starchild grinned. She hardly knew this boy, but it was as if a long lost friend had come to visit. "Come on!" Austin called. Solar stopped her once more. "What's your name?" he asked earnestly. "Starchild..." she said before dashing off to the farm. "Hm..." Solar could not get her out of his mind as he helped his mom move in. Later that night, Starchild went to the Goddess Pond. She looked up at the sky. The stars twinkled and shined. Starchild look at one star, and said "fall". She had been merely noticeing the season, but the star she was focused on fell out of the sky! Starchild moved her finger, and the star followed it. "Wow..." The next morning she was walking in town when Solar stopped her. "A star fell last night, I picked up the rock that fell but it was too hot so I dropped it in the well..." Starchild looked down the well. The stone was eminateing thoughts. "You are gifted with a great power, the power of the Blessed Harvest. Child of the stars, daughter of the Harvest Goddess, do you accept this gift?" Starchild thought about it. "What does it do?" she asked. "Plants will grow at the slightest touch of your finger, but you have a job to do as well..." The stone explained that an evil spirit named Ukjent had been unleashed, and he had set his sights on the Valley as a place to start his domination. His evil was not a scare tactic based on show of power like most villans. He planned on taking over the economy of the land, and useing it to drain the people from the inside. "Wait, 'daughter of the Harvest Goddess'?" exclaimed Starchild. "Yes, go to Goddess Pond and she will explain..." She dashed to the Goddess Pond with Solar in tow. "Hello?" she called out. "I am here..." a voice eminated from the pond. "Are you really my mom?" asked Starchild. "Yes, but from what I saw Austin took very good care of you, I cannot leave the spring, so I will keep you in her care..." Starchild looked mad. "If your my mom then why was I alone?" The spring almost seemed to sigh. "You ran off, and I didn't have enough strength to leave the spring, I still don't..." Harvest Goddess continued. "You will discover the many new things the Blessed Harvest will open up for you, keep this in mind, if you care for plants, they will in turn help you..." Her voice then shifted focus to Solar "You watch over her as well, understood?" Solar saluted nervously. "Yes Harvest Goddess ma'am!" Starchild and Solar returned to the Valley later that night. They bade eachother goodnight and went to thier own houses. Starchild looked to Austin. It didn't matter if the Harvest Goddess was her mother, Austin was her mom. She had been there seince her infancy, she was the one Starchild turned to for comfort. She gave Austin a hug and crawled under the covers. A few moments later, she was fast asleep...
Wynn
Falco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Ah, so time has passed. Ukjenti... doesn't that mean uknown in portugese?

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

uhh...no!!

Post  spartan 112 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:08 am

no!!!!!
spartan 112

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile http://www.lowbudgetstudios.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:18 am

Why do you say that? Skull Kid told me.

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

I know!!!

Post  spartan 112 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 am

I looked it up in the web site: www.freetranslations.com
spartan 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Skull Kid on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Yes, it does mean unknown, spelled in the Pokemon way I think, I forget...

Brother: Cyclone

"Of all the weapons in all the world, the strongest of all is the mind. Each and every one of us has one, but will you use it properly?"-Skull Kid
Skull Kid
Keaton of the Keyblade

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-02-14

View user profile http://freetime-3.winnerbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Ok. I thought so.

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skull Kid on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:47 pm

A Harvest Moon story... do we have a Harvest Moon section of the site? That might be something to consider...

"Of all the weapons in all the world, the strongest of all is the mind. Each and every one of us has one, but will you use it properly?"-Skull Kid
Skull Kid
Keaton of the Keyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Perhaps it should be under Other games section.

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynn on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Her dreams were again filled with the events of the day she met Solar, but this time in more detail...

Starchild made her way down the long road she had been walking down. It was the first thing she could remember, that long road... It lead to a place full of things to play on and other kids! She was about to go and play when she heard a voice. "Bye mom!" said a little boy, waveing then going to play. Starchild turned to the source of the voice. "Whoyou?" she asked, her rapid speech making the two words merge. "Solar!" said the boy. Solar did not ask her name, but instead went to the swings. Starchild went to the swing next to him. Niether one could pump thier legs enough to move the swing, but they each gave it a good try. After a good ten minutes of flailing thier legs around, Starchild got off of her swing and gave Solar a push. "Higher, higher!" he said, giggling. The swing came back and hit Starchild, knocking her down. She began to cry loudly. Solar dashed over to her. "Mom!" he bellowed. His mother was there in a flash, helping Starchild off of the ground. "Are you okay?" she asked. Starchild nodded. The sun was setting in the sky, and this was the best day she'd ever had. "Where are your parents?" asked Solar's Mom. Starchild hadn't up to this point questioned the fact that she had no parents. She began to cry. "You can come with us..." Solar's Mom said hesitantly. Through her tears Starchild hadn't heard her. She broke free and began to run as fast as her little legs could carry her. Soon she came to a beach, white sand and crystal clear water. There was a boat tethered to the dock that looked like it hadn't been used in awhile. Starchild collapsed at the bank, where her reflection appeared over the water. In her ragged state, the reflection looked to her like Solar. "Friend..." she said meekly before passing out.

Starchild twisted and turned in her sleep as a memory of life with the Harvest Goddess came to her.

"I can't belive that man would just leave!" the Harvest Goddess held her newborn child in her arms. The love of her life had just left her, but she looked at the baby in her arms and realised she had better things to focus her energy on. "What shall I name you?" she asked. The Harvest Goddess put her child down and watched her crawl to the edge of Goddess Pond. She dashed over and held her child back so she wouldn't fall in. Her child looked at the relfection of the stars in the water, then looked at the brilliant night sky. "They are beautiful, aren't they?" the Harvest Goddess said, holding her child in her arms. Soon the baby fell asleep. She was dressed in the same kind of clothes as the Harvest Goddess, but the Harvest Goddess wanted her to fit in with children of the Valley, so she dressed her in the traditional baby outfit of the area. Her child's blazing red hair reminded her constantly of the man that left her, but she wasn't going to let someone that didn't have the courage to stay drag her down. The Harvest Goddess went to the hidden place beneath the spring, watching her child sleep beneath a tree. The next morning, she didn't have enough strength to peirce the surface. She worriedly watch her child wander off. It broke her heart to watch her child walk off into danger that she couldn't help her out of. She sank into a deep depression, not even trying anymore to leave the spring.

The last words of the memory made an echo as it ended. "I failed as a wife and a parent, what kind of Goddess am I?"

When Starchild awoke, she crept silently to the spring, a feeling of guilt overcoming her as she made her way there. She wanted to have a long talk with the Harvest Goddess.

"If you're there, come out! I need you right now..."

The Harvest Goddess came out of her pond. "What's wrong dear?" Starchild looked to her. "I have some questions..."
Wynn
Falco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 pm

What exactly does the Harvest goddess look like? Yay for another chapter. It would be good to have another story actually finish.

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Link on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:19 pm

that story was really good wynn
Dark Link
Star Fox Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spartan 112 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:39 am

cyclone post in my writing thing! Exclamation Exclamation
spartan 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Skull Kid on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:20 am

GAH!!! THE FLAMES OF OFF TOPIC ARE CRACKELING, WAITING FOR YOU TO FEED THEM!!!!

Seriosuly, that doesn't go here, that would go in a PM or the Chat Box, but not here.

Skull Kid
Keaton of the Keyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 pm

NO MOAR SPAM!!! geek

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spartan 112 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:33 am

"Tis I king Auther of...wait...where I'm I and why is their a wimpy camp fire in the middle of nowhere? Oh well...anybody got any marshmellos?" said King Auther
spartan 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclone on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:11 pm

That was random!

Cyclone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: